Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hamlet Act 1 Journal

1. Horatio says 'tis but our fantasy, And will not let belief take hold of him Touching this dreaded sight, twice seen of us. Therefore I have entreated him along With us to watch the minutes of this night, That if again this apparition come He may approve our eyes and speak to it.
It's saying that Horatio doesn't believe in the ghost and that it is fake, but if they see it again then he might believe if it speaks.
2. I am a Horatio because I don't believe in ghosts.
3. Hamlet: What they say/think:Line 67 It shows that Hamlet doesn't like his step-dad.
What they do: Scene 4 line 9 It shows that Hamlet is going to talk to the ghost.
How they are described: Scene 5 line 139 It shows that he is caring about other peoples opinions.
How others view them: line 149 It shows respect towards them.
He is a good character.
4.I would be shocked and curious. I would need more evidence. I wouldn't tell the secret.

No comments: